BoydCreek2: Ill. Friday

Friday, March 18, 2005

 

Ill. Friday

Fragile

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



FRAGILE

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met

Another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler

Saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler

Left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. “I’ve been thinking,” he said, “I

Know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more

Precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.”

How fragile is unselfishness! Author Unknown

Comments:
"Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."
Oh if only it were that simple and easy.
Being magnanimous must come from the heart. A generous spirit and a kind soul are gifts of God. But, I do believe one can learn to do and be both.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

JavaFILE...FREE Java and Javascripts!