BoydCreek2: Ill. Friday

Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

Ill. Friday

Theme / Song

Uncle Remus

This is the first thing that came to mind and I haven't thought of it in years."Song of The South" Zippidy-do-da zippidy Ay my oh my what a wonderful day! I saw this movie when I was five years old and still remember how great it was.

The movie was released in 1946 by Walt Disney and was meant to be a family movie. The fertherst thing from his mind was slavery. The movie ran from 1946 till 1953 and was determined by the NAACP to be band because of slavery overtones!

The song Zippidy do-da won an academy award for best song in a movie. To me it was a warm fun movie and I will always remember it.



Comments:
thank you for sharing them to us. your illustration looks so relaxing.
 
I'm with you Joe, I remember being so happy when I saw this movie. Love your illo.
 
Oh! I remember seeing this movie when I was a little girl, it was a reshowing in the 70's and I would sing Zippidy Doo Dah for years after that. I still do sometimes. I don't remember the movie at all, actually, just the Zippidy Doo Dah part.
 
Yeah, I remember that one- Disney's gone through its library and sanatized its racist images- such as the "mammy" unicorns in Fantasia. Zippidy Doo Dah is a hoppin' tune, though.
 
I don't think i ever saw the movie, but i do know the song. What a great illo:>
 
I saw the reshowing in the 70's, too. I even had a vinyl record of the soundtrack that I used to play over and over again. I DO remember something about Brer Rabbit and a "tar baby," (a baby made out of tar) . . . .
 
I grew up with the Uncle Remus stories, and I saw this movie a couple of times. I always loved this song and the joyful way he sang it!
 
Great post. I loved that movie...so fun and silly. Yup....Zippidy Doo Dah.... have a groovy week!

Smooch,
The Tart
 
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I remember that cartoon..

I feel like running to Blockbuster to try to find it!!!!

so sweet!!

thanks veyr much for such sweet cartoon and bringing those memories back!

Thanks

Helena
 
Thanks for stopping by. Love your artwork, cause it reminds me of myself, plus it's always great hearting from a fellow southerner.
 
I didn't know why that movie faded away...

Thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

JavaFILE...FREE Java and Javascripts!