BoydCreek2: Ill. Friday

Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Ill. Friday

Theme Insect


Argyope Bruennichi, Abdundant in sunny meadows from July to September.
Female 10mm., male 3mm. Cocoon, containing up to 400 eggs, hung between blades of tall grass. Young hibernate in cocoon. After pairing the female devours the male.

As a child growing up in the south you become familiar with this spider. They are big and don't like to be disturbed. If you get close to the web she will start to rock the web back and forth. I have seen them jump off the web at you!

Comments:
Yikes! I like the way you've made the little hairy legs! Good one, Joe... I don't think I'd like to see one, though, especially rocking its web and jumping at me!
 
Yikes is right! You did such a good job I started feeling crawly!
 
hey joe, you know that spiders aren't insects though, don't you?
still good piccy. sorry I haven't been around much.
I have just passed on a tag to you so go to my blog to get the scheme of things.
good to see you
love scott
 
i like the colors joe!
 
Hey, very good work! - and story, as well.

Is not important, but spiders are not insects.
Insects have always six legs only - is one of their traits.

But, anyways, I liked your approach!
 
Nice.
love
 
We called these Orb spiders where I grew up. I liked to drop a fly or grasshoper into the web ans watch the spider spin it up into a cocoon for safe-keeping.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

JavaFILE...FREE Java and Javascripts!